Friday, November 20, 2009

First day of Work, first day of work!!!!


So, with a gentle nudge from my sister in law I will update our family blog. Life has been filled with many, many, many roller coaster rides this last couple of months. For those of you that may not have heard, Tyler was laid off from his job of 6 years in June. It was heart breaking and terrifying at the same time. After we received the news that Beneficial Financial would no longer be selling new policies, it was less than two hours that Tyler got home with his last check in hand. It's all good though. It was an extremely intense trial that our family went through. We learned many things through unemployment. The most important one is that God lives and loves me and my family. You know that poem, "footprints in the sand"? Our experience literally felt like that. So many times, we felt carried and almost weightless when in reality the weight should have felt unbarable. We also learned to treasure the precious moments we have everyday with our loved ones. The very day Tyler lost his job, Tyler and I were to say the least distrought. We took the kids to chick-fila so they could play and we could talk and figure things out. Tyler and I were crying together in the middle of the restraunt terrified about our future and Garrett ran to us with a huge smile on his face and said, "this is the best day ever!!!" I wiped my tears and asked,"how so buddy?" And he replied, "cuz daddy's home and we get to play." My kids learned first hand from personal experience that Heavenly Father does hear and answer prayers. After Tyler found a new job and had been back to work for a few weeks, Garrett was saying our family prayer one night and in the prayer he thanked Heavenly Father for helping daddy find a new job. Priceless moments like these are what count. Tyler has been employed with Deseret Trust since the end of September and we are truly grateful everyday!!!

4 comments:

Gina Hurst said...

Thank your sis in law for me! I get so home sick and it helps me to know that the ones I love so much are doing well! Bens loves to his pictures of all his cousins!

Thanks again for sharing for thoughts and feelings with us. I can only imagine that this last couple of months have been extremely hard for you and your family. Your faith and testimony have helped me with my own.

I love you!

Suzie said...

We were so happy when we heard the good news! We sure love you guys & are happy you updated your blog so we can see what's happening since we never seem to connect in the 7 miles that separate us!

Christina Updike said...

We have been in the same boat that you have been in. Garrett graduated from school and could not find a job for quite a long time. My heart goes out to you and your sweet family! Obviously, this little trial in our lives has made us stronger. Aren't we just so blessed?? I am so glad that Tyler found another job! LOVE LOVE the sweet pictures of your beautiful children! Love and miss you both!

Maren and Dustin said...

Unemployment is a trial that really can make your life so much sweeter. We also felt that way! Glad to hear that Tyler is working and that you are all doing well. (And happy to see you're back into the blogging world...for now!)